Some posts contain affiliate links. We may earn money or product from the companies mentioned in this post.
These meatballs are a classic in our family! My grandma makes them with her famous marinara sauce. If you are using them with a sauce, you can drop them in with the sauce and let them cook for a couple of hours. The flavors are to die for!
- 1 pound ground beef, 95% lean meat
- 1 onion ( small, chopped )
- ½ green peppers ( chopped )
- 2 clove(s) garlic ( chopped )
- ½ cup bread crumbs, plain
- 1 egg
- ½ cup parmesan cheese
- Mix all ingredients together in large bowl. If mixture is too moist, add additional bread crumbs. Form into balls with your hands or an ice cream scoop. If using for spaghetti, drop meatballs into sauce and simmer until cooked through. If serving as main dish, brown them in a large skillet with oil and then cover with Mushroom Gravy and serve with rice or noodles.