Some posts contain affiliate links. We may earn money or product from the companies mentioned in this post.
This decadent cake has all the delicious flavors of a glass of lemonade!
Do you ever have a recipe that you’ve held on to, one that you go back to again and again? The recipe that always knocks everyone’s socks off and makes you the star?
This is one of those recipes!
Years ago, I was handed the recipe for a lemonade bundt cake. It took me some time before I decided to finally make for a baby shower. And after tasting it, I wondered why it had taken me so long. It was amazing! All of the guests at the shower asked for the recipe.
If you love the flavors of summer, this is the cake for you. Especially if you like to mix things up and do something different than chocolate or vanilla. The secret ingredient is a can of frozen lemonade. No joke! So the cake is literally made with lemonade!!
You can customize the cake itself by using different flavors of lemonade concentrate and different berries in the buttercream frosting. I’m a sucker for raspberries, just like my kids!
I recently made it for my sister-in-laws birthday. I asked her what kind of cake she would like and she replied with “lemon”. I knew right away that I would make this cake. It wasn’t even a question! I generally go for chocolate cake but I’m totally fine subbing my favorite chocolate cake for this one.
When you make this cake, be prepared for people to ask for seconds and for the recipe. It’s rich and packed with flavor! It’s also beautiful and perfect as a centerpiece to your food table. Look at that gorgeous yellow!
I also love that it uses ingredients I usually have on hand already-lemon cake mix, lemon pudding mix, and frozen lemonade.
When you make it, be sure to follow the steps of poking the cake. You poke the cake while it’s still in the pan and pour half of the lemonade glaze over the top and bake it for a few more minutes. When it comes out, you need to get the cake out of the pan and then poke the top and pour the rest of the glaze over the top. I never have any troubles getting the cake out while it’s still warm (you don’t need to wait for it to cool), as long as you greased the pan well enough.
You don’t need to add the buttercream frosting but I like the extra flavor it added and the fact that you can customize it with different berries and flavors.
- 1 Box Lemon Cake Mix
- 1 Box Lemon Pudding Mix
- Lemonade Glaze:
- Powdered Sugar
- Frozen Raspberry Lemonade Concentrate
- Raspberry Buttercream:
- Cream Cheese
- Mix together cake mix, pudding mix, oil, water, and eggs.
- Grease a bundt pan and pour cake into pan.
- Bake at 350 for 35 minutes or until a inserted toothpick comes out clean.
- While cake is baking, prepare glaze. Combine powdered sugar and frozen lemonade concentrate until well mixed.
- Remove cake from oven and poke holes into the bottom of the cake. Pour half of the glaze over the cake. Return to oven and bake for 5 more minutes.
- Remove cake from oven. Invert cake onto a plate.
- Poke holes into the top of the cake and pour remaining glaze over the top. Allow to set.
- For Raspberry Buttercream, mix together