Some posts contain affiliate links. We may earn money or product from the companies mentioned in this post.
One of my favorite things about Spring is that fresh fruit is in season locally, which means it’s cheaper to buy and tastes even better. I have loved buying up strawberries lately and my family has enjoyed eating them. One of my most looked forward to desserts every year is strawberry shortcake. Easter always seems to be a great time to start making it, and I can’t get enough!
I decided to try to put a spin on my fav dessert and created this fun individual trifle, complete with white chocolate pudding.
Here’s what you need:
1 pint whipping cream, 1/4 cup sugar, 1/2 cup powdered sugar, 1 pint of strawberries, 1 box of Hershey’s white chocolate pudding, milk (for the pudding), and a splash of lemon juice, angel food cake (or sponge cake)
Slice up the strawberries. Add 1/4 cup sugar and a couple splashes of lemon juice. Mix it up, cover, and refrigerate.
Make the pudding according to directions and refrigeration as well.
In a mixing bowl, add 1 pint (2 cups) of whipping cream and 1/2 cup powdered sugar. Mix it until you get stiff peaks.
Once the whipped cream is ready, grab the strawberries out of the fridge and fold them into the whipped cream. Try not to eat this! I found myself licking my fingers and helping myself to spoonfuls of it. Yum, yum!!
Next, it’s time to assemble. Grab the pudding out of the fridge and break the angel food cake (or sponge cake) into pieces. I used some cute little individual glasses like these:
Now, let’s fill ’em up!
The layering started with some of the white chocolate pudding, then pieces of the angel food cake, then the strawberry/whipped cream mixture, angel food cake, pudding, etc until it was to the top. The last layer was the strawberry/whipped cream.
The final touch was a fanned strawberry and some mint leaves.
These little babies would be great for Easter dinner, Mother’s Day, or just because. We felt so fancy eating our individual trifles, especially because the glasses were so cute!!
- 1 pint whipping cream
- ¼ cup sugar
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- 1 pint of strawberries
- 1 box of Hershey's white chocolate pudding
- milk (for the pudding)
- a splash of lemon juice
- angel food cake (or sponge cake)
- Slice up strawberries. Add ¼ cup sugar to the bowl and a couple of splashes of lemon juice. Mix it up well, cover, and refrigerate. Next, make the pudding according to package directions. Cover and refrigerate. In a mixing bowl, add 1 pint of whipping cream (2 cups). Add powdered sugar (you can use less if you don't want it as sweet). Mix well until stiff peaks are formed.
- Remove strawberries from refrigerator. Fold them into the whipped cream. If you'd like the flavors to meld together more, you can refrigerate this mixture too. Break angel food cake into pieces.
- To assemble trifles, use individual glasses. Layer with the pudding on the bottom, pieces of angel food cake, the strawberry mixture, and then more angel food cake. Repeat until you reach the top. I made the final layer the strawberry mixture. Top with a fanned strawberry and mint leaves. Serve immediately or refrigerate (best if eaten right away).