Some posts contain affiliate links. We may earn money or product from the companies mentioned in this post.
This Chocolate Chip Pudding Cake is delicious and fluffy, full of chocolate flavor, and easy to make! It’s only 4 ingredients and ready in under an hour.
Right now, you might be wondering if you read that title right. A moist delicious chocolate cake with just four ingredients? And it uses pudding? It doesn’t seem it could be possible, right?
Thankfully for us, it’s the truth! I’m sharing a family favorite recipe with you today that we have been using for almost 20 years. We have used this recipe for birthdays, graduations, family parties, dinners with in-laws, and any other occasion that calls for a dessert that won’t take up your day but impresses too.
So are feeling lucky? I hope so!
All you need for this recipe is a box of chocolate cake mix (I use chocolate fudge or milk chocolate), Cooke & Serve Chocolate Pudding, chocolate chips, and milk. That’s it. No eggs, oil, sifting, blending… It’s amazing how easy this is!
You MUST use the Cook & Serve chocolate pudding. It won’t work the same otherwise. I’ve had people ask me what to do if they have the smaller box. Should they use the 2 cups milk it calls for or use the 3 cups milk as per the instructions with the larger box. If haven’t tried using the smaller box yet but will be trying it soon. The only thing I worry about is it being too thick if you use the smaller box. If you can’t find it, you can grab it from Amazon here (if you use Prime Pantry you can add it easily to your next order!).
And you don’t want to overmix it either. The batter is really thick but that’s what makes it so moist!
See that little piece of heaven there? That’s why this is my husband’s favorite! Those chocolate chips are semi-sweet, our favorite. But you could use milk chocolate if that’s your thing.
I recommend baking this in a baking pan lined with parchment paper. You can use a cooking spray but the parchment paper makes cutting and serving much easier.
I hope you enjoy this as much as my family does! I promise you, it DOES NOT disappoint.
You can find the video tutorial after the recipe. Enjoy!!
- 1 5 oz box Jello Cook & Serve Chocolate Pudding
- 1 box milk chocolate cake mix
- 3 cups milk (according to package instructions)
- 2 cups chocolate chips (milk or semi-sweet)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Prepare chocolate pudding mix according to directions by mixing with milk.
- Empty chocolate cake mix into a mixing bowl.
- When chocolate pudding mix is just starting to thicken, pour into cake mix.
- Mix until well blended. Batter will be thick.
- Pour into greased or parchment paper lined baking pan and spread evenly.
- Add chocolate chips to the top of the mixture in the pan.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, until cake is firm and toothpick comes out clean.