Some posts contain affiliate links. See my disclosure policy for more information!
This Harry Potter Butterbeer Popcorn is a snack inspired by our favorite books and the perfect treat for any fan or a Harry Potter movie marathon!
This time of year is always so fun! It’s a time to celebrate the birthday of my favorite fictional character, Harry Potter. Which also means I’m joining my friend Marissa over at Rae Gun Ramblings for her Harry Potter Series. I’ve been joining in for a couple of years now and I love seeing all of the inspiration from creative people around the web.
Harry Potter always brings out so many ideas and I find it hard to narrow them down! I decided to go with a recipe this year, one that my kiddos and I can snack on while reading the books.
My boys have been a little too young to read the stories with and they haven’t ever asked to sit down and watch the movies. I didn’t want to push them into it (in case it made them not like it!) so I waited until they showed interest. After attending an actual Harry Potter summer camp locally, both of them were excited for all things Harry Potter! We made our own wands, troll slime, and I began reading the first book with them. The plan is to watch the movie after finishing each of the books. We may get a little too excited and watch them anyway! It’s hard to resist…
I love caramel popcorn so I thought I’d make my own Harry Potter version with Butterbeer! It’s crunchy, fun to make, and perfect for snacking on while reading.
The secret is butterscotch chips, butter flavoring, and brown sugar. It’s ooey and gooey and something a little different! And don’t miss out on the baking step. If you want crunchy popcorn that doesn’t stick to your teeth, baking the popcorn is key.
If you’re curious about the books in the pictures, I have this amazing boxed set that was gifted to me last Christmas and I love it! It’s beautiful with artwork all around the box and the spines of the books make up the image of Hogwarts when placed together!
Be sure to check out all of the Harry Potter crafts, recipes, and projects over at Rae Gun Ramblings. And don’t miss out on entering the contest to win some fun Harry Potter swag! (CONTEST CLOSED)
This year’s Happy Harry Potter giveaway winner will give a fun package including:
- $50 Amazon.com gift card
- Make Love Not Horcruxes Book Bag and Custom Hogwarts House Tie Necklace from Rae Gun Shop
- Bookish Swag from CrateJoy which has loads of HP and fandom related subscription boxes.
- Four Stunning Harry Potter Printables from Sisters What!
- Wizard School quilt for Harry Potter fans oversized throw size from Pieces by Polly
Good luck! I hope you have fun enjoying all the Harry Potter inspiration and the Harry Potter Butterbeer inspiration!
- 10-12 cups popped popcorn
- 1 cup light corn syrup
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup butter
- 1 tsp butter extract
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp salt
- ½ package butterscotch chips (about ½ cup to ¾ cup)
- ¼ cup white chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees.
- Pop popcorn and spread on baking sheet covered with foil.
- Bring corn syrup, brown sugar, butter, and extract to a boil until sugar is dissolved.
- Remove from heat and add butterscotch chips, salt, and baking soda. Stir until blended and smooth.
- Pour mixture over popcorn and stir to coat over popcorn.
- Bake for 45 minutes.
- Cool for 15 minutes.
- Melt white chocolate chips and sprinkle over popcorn mixture.
- Remove popcorn from pan and allow to cool completely.
- Break into smaller pieces and enjoy!