Some posts contain affiliate links. See my disclosure policy for more information!
We really love Leapfrog toys in our family. It all began when we bought My Pal Scout for our oldest on his first birthday. He loved him! From there, we have bought several Leapfrog toys and we are planning on buying more this Christmas. We have never been disappointed and they have helped our boys learn without them knowing it.
1. My Pal Scout-this is first because it’s where it started for us. He’s cute, he’s sweet, and he plays fun songs. He helped teach the ABC’s to our boys.
2. My Discovery House– This has a funny story behind it. When our oldest was about 18 months old, we decided to venture out on Black Friday to see what deals we could score (we didn’t wake up early, just went out when we felt like it). We happened by the toy aisle and he found this little toy. He LOVED it. He sat in the stroller, actually sat, and played with it while we waited to checkout. When we tried to take it away, because we weren’t planning on buying it, he threw a serious fit! He wanted it so badly, we decided to get it for him for Christmas. Our second son loves it just the same and every other kid who finds it. It has a lot of fun things to do from switching on the light, singing songs, and ringing the door bell. The door bell has always been a favorite feature for our kiddos.
3. Poppin’ Play Piano: Our youngest loves this thing. He’s 2 and it’s perfect. It plays music, has lots of colors, and has little balls that move up and down. What more could a toddler ask for?
4. My Own Leaptop: Another cute story with this one, again with our oldest. He already enjoyed playing with it but we didn’t know how much he was actually listening. It plays the alphabet with them in addition to working on additional letters. He was two and one day, while driving, we heard him singing along in the backseat with the leaptop. He was singing the Alphabet Song! It was completely adorable and we were impressed. I had been working on that with him but adding a fun toy to it is what did the trick.
5. Chat and Count Smart Phone: Our toddler LOVES this thing! He sings along with it and can be heard saying “1, 2, 3, 5” as he walks around with the phone pressed between his ear and shoulder. How is it that kids pick up on the smallest things we do? They like to be just like us. It’s adorable!
6. Animal Adventure Learning Table: Another one our toddler loves. Leapfrog really hit the nail on the head with their toys! This one plays lots of fun music (more than 100 songs!), it has a little drum in the center that he loves to bang on, and the animals are fun to interact with. The legs are removable so if you don’t have a stander/walker yet, they can still have a blast!
7.Name%20Your Link LeapFrog Learning DVD’s: You know something is good when your kids request it right? A few months ago, I purchased a couple of these DVD’s-the Letter Factory, Leapfrog:%20NumberlandNumberland, and Talking Words Factory. They were a big hit and I love that my kids choose them just as often as Frozen or Planes. And it’s been great for working on our letter sounds!
8. LeapReader Junior Book Pal: This cute little reading pal has been very helpful with our reading. For some reason, having something that he (our five year old) can move around and help him read, besides me, has been very helpful. It makes reading fun to say, “Hey, let’s get Scout out to help!”
9. Leappad 2: This was a Christmas gift last year for our then four year old. He had seen the commercials and drooled over it in stores. I braved the crowds on Thanksgiving and Black Friday, trying to get the deal, and stalked the stores online. I finally scored one and he was so excited to have it Christmas morning. It’s been a great motivator for getting chores done and I love that he’s learning while he’s playing. His favorite game so far is the Transformers Rescue Bots Race to the Rescue. It’s a science game where they learn about volcanoes and other fun things while using problem solving skills to help rescue people.
These last ones we haven’t purchased or tried out yet, but, because of the track record we have had with Leapfrog so far, I have no doubt that won’t be amazing!!!
10. Leapband: Whenever this commercial comes on or we see it at the store, my son begs to get it. It’s definitely on his list for Santa! It comes with 50 activity challenges that get kids up and moving while having fun. My son is super busy and loves to jump, dance, and play games. This will be the perfect thing for him!
11. LeapTV Educational Learning System: This is one of the TOP 100 toys this year for Christmas and I have no doubt that it will be flying off the shelves come Black Friday. In our family, we do not have a gaming system that is newer than 8 years ago. We actually still play the old school Mario games (they never get old!). We have debated about whether or not we should get a Wii. Our kids have played on them but we always worry they will get addicted to games. LeapFrog really hit the mark with this. The kids can learn and play at the same time! And it will be another great motivator for getting chores and homework done. I think they have a great selection of games (Jake and the Neverland Pirates will be a hit!). Keep an eye on this one for sure.
So, those are our favorite LeapFrog toys. What are yours? What other learning toys have been hits in your house? Enter our giveaway for a chance to win a $25 gift card to your store of choice!