Some posts contain affiliate links. See my disclosure policy for more information!
This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #YesYouCan #CollectiveBias
It’s no secret that I love my crockpot! Between my regular crockpot and the casserole slow cooker, I can go several days without turning the oven on. And it’s amazing! Especially when I don’t have time or don’t feel like heating up my kitchen. Today’s recipe is a family favorite that I made in the crockpot using my favorite ConAgra Products from the pantry-RO*TEL Diced Tomatoes and Green Chilis and Rosarita Refried Beans. These Chicken Enchiladas were a delicious meal to have on a snowy Spring day (yes, it was snowing!) and our entire family ate it right up! Plus, I was able to use some fresh produce along with the recipe to make it even better!
There is one part of this meal that ended up being easier than it used to for me and that was in cutting the green bell peppers. In all honesty, I only recently learned the best technique for cutting peppers! I used to hate it because the pieces I cut would end up oddly shaped and mismatched. But I’ve found the best way to cut them and it couldn’t be easier! Plus, it doesn’t waste as much of the pepper.
Start by cleaning your green pepper and using a sharp knife. Cut off one of the edges as close to the middle as possible.
Cut off the remaining three edges around the middle of the pepper.
Cut off any remaining white areas and then slice the pepper edges into thin strips and dice as small as needed. The steps are also in the video below!
Here’s how to make Crockpot Chicken Enchiladas in this step by step video:
- 2 cups shredded cooked chicken
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 can RO*TEL Diced Tomatoes and Green Chilis
- ¼ tsp chili powder
- ¼ tsp garlic powder
- 8 oz package cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups cheddar cheese
- 8-10 white or yellow corn tortillas
- 2 cans red enchilada sauce
- 1 can Rosarita Refried Beans
- Combine shredded chicken, bell pepper, RO*TEL Diced Tomatoes and Green Chilis, chili powder, garlic powder, cream cheese, and 1 cup cheddar cheese.
- Mix until well combined.
- Spread ½ can red enchilada sauce on bottom of crockpot.
- Warm tortillas to prevent cracking.
- Spread 2 Tbsp of chicken misture down middle of one tortilla.
- Roll up and put in crockpot.
- Continue with the rest of tortillas until crockpot is full of rolled enchiladas.
- Pour the rest of enchilada sauce over the top of enchiladas.
- Spread remaining cheddar cheese over the top.
- Cover crockpot and cook on high for 2 hours until cheese is warm and bubbly.
- *Note-if there is a little moisture around the edges, remove cover and cook a few minutes for moisture to evaporate.
- Serve with fresh cilantro, tomatoes, lettuces, and Rosarita Refried Beans.
See how easy it is? And the other great thing is that I was able to pick up all of the ingredients for the enchiladas, along with the fresh produce, at Walmart. They had a great selection of fresh produce and all of the ConAgra products I needed!
Don’t forget to connect with RO*TEL on Twitter (@ro_tel) and Pinterest.
If you loved this recipe, you can find more easy to make recipes that are perfect during the cold winter months by visiting this link: Yes You Can Recipes!