Some posts contain affiliate links. We may earn money or product from the companies mentioned in this post.
I don’t know how other families are but we have to be super careful when Halloween rolls around. With little boys in our home, Halloween has to remain fun and happy, without the horror and gore. They hate seeing fake blood and scary zombies! So when it comes to our decor, I have to be sure to keep it along the same lines.
I absolutely love witches and anything relating to them. They are my favorite! This witch hat garland is so much fun, adding a fun pop of color to our decor. They came together quickly so grab your supplies, a favorite beverage (mine is Coke!), and pop in your favorite show or movie.
Here’s what you need:
Here’s what you do:
1. Use the witch hat template and trace it on your felt. Do the same for the bottom of the hats (they are the circles).
2. Cut strips of felt for the decorations on the hats. You can also use small paper punches (just push them really hard!).
3. Wrap the top of the hat into a cone shape and glue with the glue gun. Leave a small opening at the top for the ribbon.
4. Cut a small hole in the bottom and then make four cuts going from the hole towards the edges, but only cut up to 1/2″.
5. Glue the top of the hat to the bottom, pulling the cut pieces of the bottom into the middle of the cone and hot glue.
6. Hot blue the little decoration pieces to the hats.
7. Once your hats are ready, cut a length of ribbon. Start at one end by pulling the ribbon through the bottom of one hat and through the middle of the cone and out the top opening. Continue to string the ribbon through the rest of the hats. You can make the garland as long as you need!