Some posts contain affiliate links. See my disclosure policy for more information!
Hurray for summer! Though, I have to admit, I’m not a huge fan of heat. If it stays 80 degrees and under, I’m happy. Otherwise, I stay inside until it cools down the evening. Well, at least before I had kids. Now I get dragged outside whether I want to or not!
With summer comes light, easy cooking. Our oven is gas and it makes our tiny kitchen into a furnace on hot summer days. So, to avoid getting baked both inside and out, I opt to find recipes that don’t require an oven.
This is an easy, yummy salad that has been in my family for years. We serve at showers, parties, and enjoy it on Sunday evenings at home. It’s super easy and refreshing! We love pairing it with raspberry jello and my One Hour Dinner Rolls.
It does use an ingredient that, before I made this salad, I had never used before-Accent seasoning. It’s used in the dressing and whatever it does, it works! You’ll find it with all of the other spices/seasonings. The dressing is that perfect blend of sweet and tangy.
Other than having to cook the wantons and chicken, this is an easy dish. You can cook the chicken in a skillet like I did or boil it until it’s cooked all the way through and then shred it.
The wantons do fry really fast so be sure to stay on top of flipping them and removing them from the oil. My first couple of batches were burned because I started talking to my hubby. They should be a golden brown and crispy. Wanton wrappers are found in the produce section usually. I have no idea why…
I also put this beautiful salad together in a video! You can see just how easy it is. And be warned: you may end up wanting to drink this salad dressing! It’s that good.
- Salad Dressing:
- 1 cup oil
- ¾ cup rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 8 Tablespoons sugar
- 4 Tablespoons Accent seasoning
- 1-2 Heads of Iceberg Lettuce
- Bunch of Green Onions, Chopped
- 6 Boneless Chicken Breasts, Cooked and Diced
- Sesame Seeds
- ½ Package Fried Wantons
- Mix the salad dressing ingredients together and refrigerate for at least one hour.
- Cut up, or break apart, a head of iceberg lettuce and chop the green onions.
- Fry the wantons until they are golden brown and a little crunchy. Break into pieces.
- Cook chicken and dice into small pieces.
- Assemble salad ingredients in a large bowl, including the sesame seeds.
- You can then add the dressing and mix it up in the bowl or allow each person to add their own amount of dressing to their portion. Either way, it's super tasty! Serve with a loaf of french bread and fresh fruit.