Some posts contain affiliate links. See my disclosure policy for more information!
This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #StartWithJifPowder #CollectiveBias
Every evening, once the kids are in bed and the house is a little more quiet, I have my “me” time. It’s become a necessity for me keeping my sanity and even my husband knows the days that he should let me have my time in peace. What do I do during this “me” time? Well, if I’m being honest, it usually involves dissolving my stress in a chocolately treat of some kind and enjoying one of my shows that I missed during the week. Truthfully, I don’t get my “me” time every evening so having this time has become even more important and I find myself indulging just because I finally have a moment to myself. Unfortunately, eating something chocolately usally means added calories and fat. Thank goodness I found a recipe that has literally saved me from added weight gain and served my sweet tooth! In this way, I’m ready for a new year and a new me, less stressed and with less flab! This is my recipe for Skinny Chocolate Chip Peanut Butter Ice Cream using my special ingredient, Jif Peanut Powder.
When I heard that Jif had a new peanut powder, my mind started spinning with all of the new possibilities and I couldn’t wait to give it a try. Here are the reasons why I love Jif Peanut Powder:
- It has the same amount of nourishing protein as traditional peanut butter, but with 85% less fat (wahoo!). Because it has less calories and sugar, it’s the perfect addition in breakfast items, smoothies, baking and more.
- It is made from just one ingredient – fresh roasted peanuts – and has no added sugar or salt like other brands
- It is nutritious but just as easy as and yummy as PB&J!
You can find JIF peanut powder in your local Walmart store. It’s in the aisle with all the jam, jelly, preserves, and spreads. There’s also a JIF Chocolate Peanut Powder that is perfect for those who like a little sweetness and chocolate in their smoothies and recipes.
Now that you’ve learned about all the yummy goodness that is Jif Peanut Powder, let’s get to the recipe!
Here’s your list of ingredients:
2 cups vanilla or unsweetened almond milk (depends on your preference)
1 can sweetened condensed milk (7 oz)
2 Tbsp Jif Peanut Powder
2 Tbsp Cocoa Powder
1/2 tsp vanilla
1 cup semi-sweet or dark chocolate chips
In a blender, mix the almond milk, sweetened condensed milk, cocoa powder, Jif Peanut Powder, and vanilla together.
You’ll know it’s ready when it covers the back of your spoon.
Pour the mixture into a plastic container. Add in chocolate chips. Place lid over the top securely and freeze until set.
Freeze for about 4 hours until it’s ready and then dig in! But be careful, once word gets out about this, you may find the conatiner empty more often than not. And the great thing is you can eat more than one scoop and not feel guilty. Or the entire container (oops, it was a bad day!). How are you planning on keeping your goals to become a better you this year?
- 2 cups vanilla or unsweetened almond milk (depends on your preference)
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk (7 oz)
- 2 Tbsp Jif Peanut Powder
- 2 Tbsp Cocoa Powder
- ½ tsp vanilla
- 1 cup semi-sweet or dark chocolate chips
- In a blender, mix the almond milk, sweetened condensed milk, cocoa powder, Jif Peanut Powder, and vanilla together. Add to a saucepan. Bring to a boil and immediately remove from heat.
- You'll know it's ready when it covers the back of your spoon. Pour the mixture into a plastic container. Add in chocolate chips. Place lid over the top securely and freeze until set.